• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diawa BW2L users?

Northlander

Question

Anyone run these reals at all? I just bought one because it was one of 2 low profile reels I could find locally that have a left handed retrieve and a flippin switch.
I will be using it on a 7' St.Croix Legend Elite rod and main use will be bottom bouncing with a bit of stickbait trolling.
What do you guys think? Is it a decent reel and if not what do you recomend? Ill be running 2/10 Power Pro on it.
It was also only $43 and that had a lot to do with my choice. Other reel was $109!

5 answers to this question

I had one of the bw reels. I wore it out in about a season and a half of trolling spinners and catching fish and it wound in bunches of fish. It couldnt take it! lolol If a reel is dump I'll soon find out. Probably a good reel for joe average who fishes less than 20 times a year but it didnt hold up to what I put it thru. Take care of it, you should get a couple years or more out of it.. Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

I replaced it with a quantum low profile lefty which was a step up from the diawa but accidentaly lost that one over the side. Replaced that one with a pinnacle tetra metal, love that reel. It's my main reel from late may till fall jig season..I dont think I'll wear that one out anytime soon. Who knows maybe I just got a bad one, it happens occasionally.. Good fishin! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
www.scenictackle.com

The tetra was about $120.00 give or take some. little more than I ever planned on spending on a reel but hey! I need the thing to be reliable! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
www.scenictackle.com