• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Bow input

BKB

Hey guys, need some help choosing a new bow. I now shoot a Hoyt that is 8 years old and would like to get in line with the new tech that is out there. What would you recommend that a now married guy with two kids can afford? Would like to get some input on the new bows either bad or good. Thanks!

BKB- I had an old hoyt Super Slam.. Loved that bow.. and to be honest, I am still shooting a hoyt.. I got a new Ultra Tec Last year.. best bow on the market in my opinion.. However, not easy on the pocket book.

My suggestion.. go to archery shops and shoot a buch. DO NOT BUY ONE from the first place you go.. shoot a ton of them and take notes, write down what you did like and waht you didn't like about each bow. That way you can remember. Then make your purchase depending what you can afford and what you like. The truth is, there are a lot of excelent bows on the market today.

Whatever fits you and feels the best in your hands. don't be influenced by what others say. There are many great bows out there right now. To name a few Mathews, Bow tech, hoyt, Reflex, parker, martin, AR, Ross. You really have to shoot them side by side to answer that one. I chose a Mathews but I really liked Parker and bow tech as well. Thought the hoyts were quite rough, lots of shock etc...

Thanks for the response guys, I will definately check out some shops and shoot as many as I can. Hey bottomdweller, where are you at in Wi.? I was raised in Beaver Dam and we moved to Mn after we got married, my wife is from Mn. Still have many, many friends in the state, really miss being able to whack as many does as you want, made for some great eats on the ice!! Anyway, thanks for the input and everyone have a safe and succesful hunt!!