• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tree Stands

Studer

What type of tree stands is everybody using?? I have got the old trusty GrandSlam climber stand. Love it works great!! I have also got a couple hang ons that I usually leave out but I love the mobility of a climber. Hunting in the morning and the deer aren't close enough--move closer!!

I've got a NonTypical Climbing stand which I love for comfort and safe feeling. It doesn't pack down the greatest but o well. (price was right at the time, Clearance!) And it's pretty light weight for a climber.

I also have a Gorilla Silverback XLS Magnum stand and I use Lone wolf climbing sticks with that.

Overall I actually prefer the hang on stand and the sticks. I think I can be quieter moving through the woods and installing the stand. I can slip down and out if need be without climbing the whole stand down. And Irregular trees or pine trees are not off-limits like they are with the climber.

Climbers are good for a safe feeling and maybe even a nap or 2 blush.gif

I use climbers,hang-ons with ladders,tree steps,ground blinds and the ladder stands.There is a time and place for each one.I probably like the climbers best as I can sit much longer and more comfortable.