• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a couple of pointers for fishing the Chippewa around the Eau Claire area. I don't have a boat while I'm out at school and was wondering if it was worth fishin for skis off shore, any help would be great.

walleye_guy18

I just fished on the Chipp from shore last night, no luck. Was down by the bike trail just downstream from the I-94 bridge. There are other spots as well, below any of the dams is worthwhile. For the best muskie shore fishing in the area, try the stretch of the Eau Claire R below the Lake Altoona (Contact US Regarding This Word). You can fish from the (Contact US Regarding This Word) down to Maiden Rock, which is just downstream from the bipass construction. Go in on the Altoona side, park at the edge of the construction and walk down to the river and fish. Also, just down from Little Niagra on campus is a nice hole, not sure if you can shore fish it not though.