• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Reports! Ottertail Minn, 3mile, saylorville

Well, I figured I had better take some time now that I am settled back in from my vacation to do a fishing report or two. So, here goes......

Otter Tail County, Minnesota (8/13-8/19/05):

Spent a wonderful week on the water on my annual family vacation. The weather treated us pretty well, despite several cold fronts, a couple of thunderstorms, and some pretty cool temps. Fishing was ok, but the bite was somewhat sporadic. We managed over 300 fish in over 65hrs on the water, all caught trolling spinners. I also had a first for trolling, a giant snapping turtle. We kept enough nice fish to restock the freezer, but didnt catch anything really big. Fished 4 lakes total, including 2 "new to me" lakes: West Leaf Lake, East Leaf Lake, Rush Lake, and Portage Lake. The resort we stay at is on West so that is where most fish came from, and Portage and East were the new lakes for me. Overall it was a fun week on the water and my last without a baby in tow!

3Mile (8/22/05):

Was nice to get back out to some more of "home" waters after my vacation fishing. Dad and I fished 3mile for a few hours and even though the weather pattern wasnt that good we got some fish. Managed a 16" walleye, some small perch, some decent crappies, a bass, a wiper, and some small bluegills. All fish released. A beautiful night to be on the water!

Saylorville (8/23/05):

Ended up with just under a dozen whites/wipers (biggest at 16"), my buddy Jeff had a 15lb class buffalo at the side of the boat but tried to horse it and never got a net on it so no weight/measurements for it (which was fine with me, I just got my boat cleaned out from the last one we got out there!), and he managed a FAT 14" crappie. I also got 4 or 5 largemouths (dinks) and a sea gull. Have pics of the crappie and the sea gull I may post later. Beautiful evening even if the fish were a little slow.

goody