• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gps

bobbersgone

i would like to get agps for trail riding and hunting,what would be a good inexpensive unit for this purpose. and that any (Contact US Regarding This Word) can use, and i do mean any (Contact US Regarding This Word) not to bright when it comes to electronics. thanks

bobber, I have the garmin etrex-vista and use it for the needs you state and atving. It is a good unit and even I have been able to figure it out for the things I use it for. The main thing in learning to use them seems to be practice, practice, practice and if your like me carry the book to refresh the memory.

I have a garmin etrex legend. I use it for the basic things that you stated above and it seems to work great and is fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it. Like the previous posts states, use the manual and practice. They are a great tool to have when out & about, especially in unfamiliar areas.

Lowrance h-20.Doesnt get much easier to use than these units.They also have some units just for land use that are a little cheaper.Burl.

they have the garmin gpsV on sale at cabelas for 225 dollars that is a real good deal considering that it usually cost 300. you can get a ram mount for it from cycle gadgets and mount it on your handlebars, i use one on my touring bike and it is killer. i will put it on my 4wheeler this weekend.