• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Inside NEXTEL Cup"

LMITOUT

Not only has Allen Bestwick lost his spot as race announcer with NBC, but he also is being replaced on "Inside NEXTEL Cup" by Dave Despain starting Sept 12th. Johnny Benson is also getting the boot in favor of Brian Vickers.

Bestwick announced that he'd be done soon because the bosses at the network wanted to make some changes. That was a while ago and he didn't say Dave would be taking the spot. I might guess that's an "your an NBC guy" deal as Speed is part of Fox.

I don't know about Vickers in there, just don't see that really, but I agree Johnny shouldn't be there anymore, he's not even running Cup so that wasn't very "inside". I would have thought somebody with a bit more pizazz than Vickers though. Sadler would have been great.

I would have to agree with you dog. I would have thought of a bunch of guy's that would have better then Vickers. I think that sadler would be good as well as the beloved Harvick. Better yet would be smoke. That would make for some great T.V.

Sifty

First they turn Nacar Nation into something right off of MTV and now Bestwick and Benson are out for Vickers?? Why would they move Despain over, his show was top notch already???!!!

I'm not liking the Nascar image as of late!

I may end up only following the Trucks if this keeps up.

I'm sure Dave will keep his regular show too won't he? I hadn't heard he wouldn't. I totally agree with your comment on Nascar Nation show though. Its way too pretty and MTVish for me too.

I don't think you'd get a real upper echelon guy like say Stewart, Johnon or Gordon to do the show all the time. Those guys are so busy with their events and sponsorship committments they probably don't have time for a show like this. Harvick could be good, he's sure got a big enough mouth to talk all the time. Sadler just seemed like he'd be funny on there.

I tried to watch Nacar Nation once, man that show sucks. I like the MTV reference. Kind of the way the whole sport is leaning now, isn't it? It'll come back, but hopefully they won't pizz everyone off by then.

Bring back the old RPM tonight, now that was a good show.

I wonder what the Doctor is up to these days? I know RPM 2night was down to once a week, haven't followed if it is even on the air any longer.

Why couldn't SPEED steal him, there is a class act, with a plethora of knowledge on everything racing!