• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dave , question for you.

Benny

I was at the Game Fair this weekend and stoped by an ATV dealers tent.

They had one of those ATV blinds sit up and were telling everyone how awsome they are.

But unless I read the laws wrong we can not shoot game sitting on or next to the ATV.Don't we have to be a certin distance away from the ATV before we can shoot game?

Thanks,Benny

Benny, I always thought that as well. If you read the regs (and I'll check again) being a certain distance away from the ATV deals with grouse only. I don't believe you can sit on and shoot either. Standing alongside is fine, I guess.

Thanks Dave,I bet any money that a CO would ticket you if they came across you using one.Thier point would be that they can't see if your sitting on it or not while it is up, so they ticket you as if you were on the ATV.

A good one to ask the CO at the GF, I didn't talk to the dealer till on my way out so I didn't have the chance to ask the CO in the DNR tent.

Thanks, Benny

Just my understanding,putting the grouse laws aside. Unless disabled with permit you can not shoot from a motor vehicle. Concerning rifles you can not shoot from or down road right of ways. Outside of grouse there is nothing on how fare you have to be from your vehicle so if you place a stool inside the blind and shoot from that you are ok.

I asked the CO up at the game fair tonight, he said they will ticket any one they see using one of those ATV blinds if there is no stool or chair in there with you.

He also said they can give the ticket any way, if they think you were on the ATV.

It is up to the Judge to let you off or not, the burden of proof is on you.

He did add that it is the CO's descretion though, so if your lucky and the CO is in a good mood you may not get a ticket.

Benny