• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mounting the vex to the troll

joshb

Question

hey guys i'm a bit confused here. i've got a powerdrive that i want to mount the vex to but it has a keel on the bottom of it and the shaft and assembly block the normal way to tie the cord to. i think i can still mount the tranducer but i'm not sure how to run the cable up the shaft in a way that it won't get tangled. help would be really appreiciated.

thanks - joshb

1 answer to this question

Joshb I tryed what your talking about once. It did work, I taped the cable up to the top of the shaft. The ducer cable kept getting caught on mounting bracket when raising and lowering. Didn't work well at all. But some one told me that they cut a knoch in the top and bottom of the shafts for entry and exit holes for the ducer cable. and the ran the cable up the inside of the shaft. Never tryed it myself. Ended up mounting the sonar on front and the ducer on the back. Good luck! Figured if I needed a sonar to read the front of the boat that bad that I would have to buy a motor with the universal sonar built in.