• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Turkey Hunting PHoto Contest Results

Thanks to all of you who voted on the Turkey Hunting Photo Contest sponsored by ART BARBARIANS

The season is over, birds harvested, photos taken and now the votes are in. There were just shy of 500 votes cast for 18 entries.

(IF YOU ENTERED BE SURE TO READ ENTIRE POST!)

Taking first prize with a staggering 188 votes, 30% of the voters choose Jackpine Jr as having the best turkey hunting photo. This was the fan favorite from the beginning as he jumped out to an early lead and never looked back. The practice of gun safety and control is exhibited by Matt “Jackpine Jr”, notice the action open and the gun is in control and pointing in a safe direction. The pose isn’t the normal turkey pose, but fits the circumstances perfectly, notice the wet tail feathers making a fan pose difficult. And the setting couldn’t be painted any better! Last but not least and probably THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of this photo……………He is SMILING! A classic, great job voters, you hit the nail on the head here!

4jackpinerob45gm.jpg

2nd Place goes to QuackAttack. This photo is also worth keeping. Good setting, gun control, bird pose, smile etc. Congratulations.

adamturkey26to.jpg

3rd Place goes to QuackAttack Dad. This photo is a framer. Nice setting, bird pose, smile. Gun control a “B”, the action is open which is nice to see, pointed in a safe direction, control of the weapon could have been better (the bird does look heavy and probably required two hands to hold). Not many people can muscle a turkey with one hand like young Jackpine Jr can. wink.gif

harryturkey14jh.jpg

4th Place goes to SCC09803. Great photo. This is the classic turkey photo done very, very well. Great setting for a photo, the bird pose is great, he looks happy. Congratulations!

9scco980399ly.jpg

5th Place goes to NELS-BELLS. Great photo! Three smiles are always better than one, great setting, good bird pose. Congratulations on the bird and being able to share the outdoors with your kids. We hope to see them posing with some birds of their own down the road!

nelsbells9yy.jpg

6th Place goes to ROZ. Another great photo! Very unique pose, perfect bird pose, nice gun control, he’s happy you can see, exceptional setting, sporting your wedding ring always gets you points! Congratulations on the bird!

roz7sg.jpg

7th Place goes to jnelson. You’re on to something here, cool pose idea! Congratulations on the bird!

3jnelson32bw.jpg

All non-placing entries receive a $10 Art Barbarians gift certificate.

$50 Gift Certificates awarded out to 7th Place!

Art Barbarians Gallery

21360 John Milless Drive

Rogers, MN 55374

Click HERE for a map to the gallery (We are across the interstate from the new CABELAS, between the Black Bear Lodge and Miller Chev)

(763) 494-8888

Advice for any outdoor activity and photo taking.

1) If you don’t have your camera you can’t take a picture

2) Bring a tripod, even if there is someone available to take the picture (you may want them in the photo with you)

3) Preplan your shots, “Hey, if we have a good day pheasant hunting we’ll have to come back here to take some photos”

4) Take more than 1 photo using multiple angles and poses. It is tough and sometimes impossible to go back and do it again.

5) Exhibit good safety: control your weapon if present

6) Make sure area is clear of clutter, pick up trash etc

7) SMILE……………There have been some great photos posted on Fishing Minnesota in the past few weeks. Everyone should take note of Matt Johnson’s pictures…..the guy is always smiling! I get a kick out of the guys that look so darn mad when they have a nice fish in their hands, you’d think the fish smells like rotten feet by the expressions on their faces. If it is worth taking a picture of it you may as well look happy!

Once again, Congratulations to everybody!

Very nice birds and very nice photos!

I would have given ya'll a run for your money if I didn't shoot my bird in the rain. Nothing like a pretty picture of a soaking wet mat of feathers. grin.gif

Chris,

Your photo was one of my favorites! People come into our gallery; I show them the contest and always comment how good your picture was. It looked like a tough hunt and you look happy as all get out! even though you are wet and look cold. You did the most with the least! And definitely would have been a front runner if the weather would have panned out.

Another photo that I thought was great was CornPirateKiller's with the three guys with the three drowned jakes! They all look as happy as anyone but you who entered the contest.

Keep it up, you have it figured out!

Art Barbarians

A big "THANK YOU" to Art Barbarians for sponsoring a fun contest! When we took our pictures, I had no thought other than capturing a special moment as best I could - and have been overwhelmed with the votes and nice comments.

Thanks also to all who voted for Jr.'s first bird!