• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'06 Arctic Cat's

Dave

New to Arctic Cat's line-up are the Prowler XT 650 H1 utility vehicle (UTV); a 250cc utility quad; the DVX 50, 90 and 250 sport quads; and the 400 TRV.

The Prowler XT 650 H1 (MSRP $9,499) is outfitted with Arctic's own 641cc four-stroke, single-cylinder H1 engine; on-the-fly switchable 2WD/4WD; a full lock differential; 12.5 inches of ground clearance; front and rear disc brakes; 10-inch tires with two-tone alloy wheels; bucket seats with safety belts; and a rust and dent resistant cargo box with a 600-lb. capacity, a latched tail gate and dumping feature.

Other noteworthy vehicle highlights include an updated DVX 400; new digital gauge on several models throughout the line, and a new Speedrack system on the utility quads.

Not returning for '06 is the 300 utility.

I bought an 05 400 automatic about a month ago and I really like it. The dealer has a few 06s in now, but I am really happy with my 05. I looked at em all and bought an AC because of the wet clutch,12 in of ground clearance and true independant suspension.

A wet clutch is inside the transmission and is in the oil as I understand it. It is lubricated by the engine and transmision oil. The drive belt is in a separate chamber and is always tight. This way belt slippage is pretty much eliminated. I am no mechanic, but this system seemed better than one that works by a clutch tightening on the belt. If anyone out there can explain it better I would appreciate any comments. Dave???

No mechanic here either and sounds just fine, cold one. A wet clutch contains many plates and are in the motor oil. The drive belt is on the outside and does not need a variable clutch to "grab the belt".

A dry clutch is a variable clutch, with the drive belt around it, and is on the outside of the motor oil. The dry clutch varies in width, pinching the belt, to provide the needed gearing (power).

I'm not sure how the plates in the wet clutch actually work though; what causes them to stick together or seperate. I suppose the demand of power and centifrigal force inside the tranny confused.gif

Dave, sounds good to me. I kinda liked the thought behind a lot of the features on the Artic Cat. I think they are all good machines and you have to follow your own thoughts when you buy one. One thing I liked was you didn't find any used cats anywhere around here except at the AC dealership. They were all used hard and put up wet. The previous owners bought another Arctic Cat. Kinda spoke for itself.

Arctic Cat has really come a long way, as far as, being competitve in the ATV industry. They have always had a nice riding machine. They're now sprucing up the machines with features and cosmetic looks; which, really sells a machine to today's society.