• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What bottoms are holding fish.

Sharkey

Right now I am finding fish every where. Deep and shallow Rocks, gravel, sand, and weeds. Very confused. Am I the only one?. They should be (this time of year) on edges of deep water near hard bottoms & weeds. Very lost need help. Not that I'm not catching them; just not matching patterns of my notes of the past. In my logs of the past the pattern is way different.confused.gif

Don't feel likee the lone ranger....lots of areas are experiencing different conditions this spring. We just got the spawn finished up down here and it is at least two weeks behind the norm according to my notes. This morning I was out and found fish suspended ove quite deep water and some in the shallows yet. The sunfish are even beginning to suspend already and that is a bit early for them to do that here too.

The whole spring was way off course in my opinion and nothing statewide was real consistant where ever the weather played its ganes.

A least I'm not the only one scratching my head. Weather must have a big factor. Looking at my notes, we got this last year at the end of June. Just not as long a period of wild weather patterns. I caught a bunch in 35+ water, then pulled up to 4-5 feet and caught a bunch, all within an hour??? Sunnies also. Really strange. The key, I'm still catching fish, so all isn't bad, just need to put into logs figure out later.

Wandering around Minnetonka last two days. Sunnies are bedding in shallow although you can still catch some on the deep weed edge. Lots of crappies holding on the deep weed edge. Anywhere from 12 to 18 ft suspended at 5ft. Caught a ton last night but size was small. Noticed some had not spawned yet. Marked a huge school suspended over 30ft basin but couldn't get them to bite. Plastics tipped with a little bit of Gulp were the ticket.

I was out this morning for a while and our lake is a mess after the recent rains. Chocolate and full of debris.

All of my fish came shallow today. As a matter of fact, I was doing some maintainence on the line to get some twisting out of it when I noticed several crappies right on the top well out in the main channel. They appeared to be picking bugs. I tried to get them to hit a small hair jig, then a very small plastic, even a waxies on a ratso was tossed to them, but nada. They were definitely crappies. Heck, I had them as close as six feet away. Of course all of my casting and fooling around with them dispersed them pretty quick, but it was fun to watch them feed on the top like that.