• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing sled plans?

hunter19301

Question

Need some sled plans!! I've started ice fishing on some local lakes that are relatively small so I can walk to the best fishing spots. Like most ice anglers, I'm looking for something to protect me from the wind but don't want to haul out a shanty. Does anyone out there have plans for a simple sled (wooden) that can be used to carry my gear, then tipped on end and allow someone to sit in it to get out of the wind? Seems I've seen these out on Saginaw Bay (MI) but can't exactly remember how they were built.
If you've got plans or have a link to some, I'd really appreciate a note back.
Thanks, and good fishing!!

2 answers to this question

what you might try, is take two 2x12s what ever lenght you want to make the sled. curve one end of each, attach a peice across the back. cut lite weight plywood, 1/4 to 1/2 screw to the 2x12s and then if you know anyone who does cabinetry work, have them, or if you can do it yourself, glue a peice of formica on the bottom. it slids easy across the ice and is tought.

O