• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Memorial Day fishing anyone???

As for my day.....what a gorgeous day to be on the water! Sunny skies and hot after a cool morning on glorious Red Rock Reservoir. Trolled all over and found a couple of fish here or there in many spots. Anyone that fishes wipers/whites much knows you may go an hour without a fish and then nail 12 from a 20 yard run in 5 minutes. Two great pods of fish were found and we had many triples and even a quadruple on those fish! Most fish ran around 14” but quite a few smaller were caught and some bigger. We got just under 80 for the day...all released. Brenda took a hiatus and went to a family thing for a few hours midday, so she didn’t get quite the number of fish we did. She still almost caught as many as me though. I managed one 17 incher that thought he was a truck....those suckers sure are fun. cool.gif

goody

I posted this on the topic below, but here is my report from Memorial Day Weekend:

Returned from a nice weekend up on Okoboji. The weather cooperated like I wanted, but we would've benefited from a boat I have a feeling. However, I ended up with a decent outing. Fished from a dock off a point and managed plenty of bass in the 10"-12" range. Mostly off of leeches on a jig head. Then last night, just before dark I landed a 19" and another just short of 16", both off of a leech. Also caught a pair of "eater-size" walleye and then a couple that were only in the 10" range as well. Tried one of the bays and managed 4 nice bluegill and plenty of small ones.

All in all, a relaxing holiday weekend and a great fish!

Well I did not get out myself but there is a rumor going around about a 16+ pound walleye caught in Eastern Iowa. It would beat the old record by almost 2 pounds. If anyone had any info on this please inform us. Have a very successful season!!

Please put back your trophy for someone elses dreams.

Pretty sure if this were true we would have heard about it by now.....I frequent about every fishing site that has Iowa info on it and have not heard this yet. I will ask a few questions to see if anyone else has heard anything.

goody