• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Creek 5/20, 24, 25

Been talking to quite a few folks doing poorly at BC...I have had the opposite luck. BIg gills, quite a few eyes, and a mixed bag of other species have graced my boat in the past week. Several legal eyes and a lot of HUGE egg laden gills have been released in my past three trips. All presentations- trolling, jigging, and bobbers have taken all types of fish, in about every location I hit. I have caught eyes mostly around rocks and structure, but also out on some humps in the basin as well. Pretty good bite if you can locate the fish, but that is the tough part for most. It sure is fun releasing all of those fish smile.gif

goody

Glad to hear it. I've been wanting to get down there for some time and might actually do it this weekend. Work has kept me confined to fishing around the Ames area. Any particular colors for jigs or speed for rigs working better? Minnows or leeches?

I thought I'd try the south end first, then work my way back up north. Have to see what the wind is doing that day too. I imagine the water has been a little rough for you? It has been so windy around here.

Thanks for the report!

Mike

Yeah, up until the past couple of mornings I have fished the wind has been nuts all year....30mph + winds every time I want to get out there.

As far as bait, I have caught eyes on all forms of bait in the past week and nothing too much better than the other. I dont spend a whole lot of time on the south end, but the coves and inside the points of those coves where the weeds are starting to form should be hot for spawn/prespawn panfish and the eyes should be with them. Good luck, and if you go out this weekend have fun dodging the bajillion boats, windboarders, pontoons,etc!!

goody

A little busy on the lake today, but not too bad.

Got a handful of walleyes (all were returned), most on a worm and another on a gulp bait minnow. Couldn't find the crappies, and did wander across a few drum, pearch, and a white bass. Will return again tomorrow for more action.

Mike