• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing has been pretty good on most of the area Lakes.

I spent the majortiy of the weekend fishing on Lake Sinai. We had a decent program started by casting and trolling crankbaits in shallow water during the evening hours. The daytime bite seemed to be non-existant.

The reports form Lake Thompson have been pretty good. There is a daybite and a pretty darn good evening bite. Again, trolling cranks seems to be the ticket, but the folks that are pulling live bait are catching their fair share.

The 81 Ponds have slowed some, but continue to kick out the occational big walleye. The white bass are biting fairly well on the east side of 81.

Anyone that has weekend camping plans at Oakwood be sure to toss out the live bait rigs in the evenings as there has been some nice walleyes caught in the last week or so.

Thats all I have for now.

mw

Thanks for the report Mike!! Does Thompson still have that green sludge coming up from the bottom of the lake, or is it beginning to clean up a little? I know if it's still quite green, I'll just head to Chamberlain laugh.gif

I talked to a guy last night that was out there and only caught an 8 pounder. Things are slow around the area all togather. Last night at the Sinai fishing league there were ony 3 walleyes weighed in the winner was a 2.5 pounder. We started off banging nice perch but the bite turned off at about 7:00.

mw

I fished Thompson Friday from 4am to 2pm. Early in the morning I caught a snot-rocket on a plug. I caught a 10in. perch on a plug about 1:30pm. I also tried live bait, but did not even have a bite. Not a very good day- very slow.

Nice perch ! I heard the perch bite had slowed on Sinai, true? My wife's folks are going to head that way next week for a couple days, staying in Arlington probably. Any recent reports from Sinai, Brant, Dry, Thompson? If it's poor in this area is the Webster area any better lately? Thanks for any advise for Grandpa and Grandma!!

The bite is slow to say the least. The perch can still be had but you have to really work at them. The walleye bite is starting to improve some. On fishing last Thursday night first and second place was taken 25 yards on each side of our boat.

I have not been out as much as I normally am at this time of year so I can't be of a whole lot of help. The Lake Thompson walleye bite has been steady from what I have been hearing.

There has been a steady catfish bite on the James River in Huron. Stink bait and chubs seem to be the ticket here.

mw