• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storing Plastics

Yellow Dog

Thanks to you guys--but I really mean "thank you" in a kind way--I have lizards, worms, twisters, tubes, rats...you get the picture.

I've been leaving them in the bags and I have a zillion. I fear putting them in clear plastic bins. Where do you put plastics so they are ready to fish? Thinking about a new tackle box...suggestions?

I have no clue if this is good or not.. but I have a lot too.. large tubes, lizards, craws etc.. I put them in smaller sized zip locks and squirt in a good amount of megastrike attractant.. and squeeze it all around.. makes a big mess on the inside- but the bags hold up well.. I figure sitting in that mess can only make them better no? smile.gif Or maybe they will disintegrate who knows.. but I do love ziplocks for them.. the small wide ones. EDIT: Oh.. I toss in a good teaspoon of uniodized salt as well.. kindof an experiment.. they have been "brewing" for 2 months now.

I have several hundred plastics in various shapes, colors, and sizes. I keep all of the bulk stuff in zip locks and put a few into seperate plastic boxes for the boat. You can keep things oranized very nicely this way and you are not hauling everything around in it's entirety. I am not certain if sunlight has any degrading effects on modern plastisol products, but why chance it fading it?

When I say I put a few in the boxes, I carry like twenty of each of everything/color. If I took the bulk packages I'd certainly need a much larger float.

Tom-

Thanks! I think that going to a bag and plastic bin approach will help my organization. Maybe one of those tackle systems with several bins to sort the plastics. Anybody have a recommendation?

That's a interesting idea!I just picked up a mess of Crappie Tom's stub grubs at JR's,and took them all out of their plastic bags and into seperate compartments in my clear plastic slider tackle box.It is nice to be somewhat organized with the tackle and color selection before I get on the water,cause I know alot of times everything is a mess when I get back!