• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I've got into a striper feeding frenzy on Lake Pepin in MN several times. It's a good time if you can find 'em in SD. Just look for minnows popping the surface and seagulls swarming over open water. They like to round up a bunch of minnows and push them to the top where they take shots at them. If you find them in a group you can easily catch 'em every-other cast. Again lots of fun but not the best to eat. Some of the best times I've had fishing!

Laek pepin also has White bass not Stripers. Although many folks call them stripers.

For white bass in SD. In Eastern SD the 81 Ponds and Lake Poinsett have some beautys. The Missourri River has some fast action as well.

These are a blast to fish for with little kids. I prefer a white topwater popper casted to areas with minnows jumping out of the water. Typically when I am walleye fishing I have an ultra light with a popper tied on ready to go.

mw