• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV oil

IndyEFI500

I am planning on doing my own oil change on my 02 Sportsman Freedom by myself for the first time(rather than the dealer), Polaris recommends their synthetic 0w-40. I have done some internet research and am planning on either Mobil 1 or Amsoil. Does anyone have any input on which is better and if the Amsoil is better, can it be purchased directly in the metro? Appreciate the help.

I vote for Amsoil. That is all they do is Synthetic. I use it in my auger,chainsaw,boatmotor,atv and truck. I change my oil every 25K in my truck and have been doing it from the start. I now have 204K miles on it and it still runs as strong as ever.

AMSOIL is the way to go. Im a Dealer, and I use AMSOIL in everthing and love the stuff. However I believe Fleet gets like 6.80 something a quart for their ow40. If you want some let me know..I live in Elk River, could meet you halfway. Im selling it for 6.25/qt--sales tax already figured into that. [email protected]

PikeChaser:

I sent you an email some time ago. Would like to pick up some oil from you. Already bought it for the wheeler but would like to try some in other items around the house. Shoot me an email at [email protected]. Would rather buy private for cheaper than the big chains.