• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Raccoon River

Anyone have any experience/advice for fishing the Raccoon River? I've heard there are walleye and even smallmouth in there somewhere...

I've only caught catfish in there before, but would love to try and catch something else in there for a change.

NEver fished it myself, but know a lot of guys that do. That stretch from Panora down to Adel and below the Adel dam is really good from what I hear. You can get them down to where it dumps into the main river around Van Meter as well. Wish I could help more, but dont fish it myself so I cant do much more for ya. It is basically your small stream fishing....fish small cranks, twisters, etc. around rocks, riffles, and brush, holes as well. Good luck!

goody

Thanks! I've heard down by Panora was pretty decent as well. Also somewhere south of Rippey is supposed to hold smallmouth. I have a sister/brother-in-law living down in De Soto, so maybe I'll pretend to visit them and make a pit stop around the Adel dam! Thanks again for the reply.