• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I know it has been said before, but who wants to go for a ride.

Ely Lake Expert

Hey Ryan...

Gilbert looks like a GREAT place to ride. Never been there personally. Me and a few others are planning a budget weekend getaway and would like to try Gilbert. Is it worth the drive from the twin cities for a weekend of riding and camping?

Didn't mean to hijack your thread... So in response... I'm up for a ride, but when/where to go?

MH/Dan

If you are planning on driving north for the weekend, Gilbert and the surrounding area is definately worth checking out and staying near. There are several places to camp right near by. You definately can ride for many many hours and enjoy every bit of it. There is a multitude of different terrains to try and many places to ride in the surrounding area (though that is not advertised). Also, depending on when you make it up here, one or two of the nights I would be more than happy to take ya out fishing in my boat on Ely lake because I will probably be out there anyway. Let me know if you are gonna come and I will come out for a ride with ya and show you around a little bit at the same time.

Ryan

was out sunday. figured we get one in before things get soft. we hit a few places were snow was a little deep yet. the lead machine could only make a few feet at a time before we would have to pull him back to take another run. the frost is starting to come out so i would advise sticking to trails that will easly and quicly heal on their own.

I would really like to make it out for a trail ride sometime soon ... but I'm going to hesitate going too far north until the frost is gone.. I just dont like riding on *greasy* trails for some reason... I guesss I would rather have the full blown mud to play in.

I noticed some people ride in Chengwatauna (sp?).. anyone that could give me some info on some areas to ride there? I just moved back down from up north and I know some great riding areas within Savannah State forest... but I dont know of anything closer to the cities.

Just figured I would mention this again just incase anyone is around gilbert with their wheeler tommorow, I am going riding with a small crew and we will be out there all day. There will be 6 cats, 2 polaris's, and my nice yamaha to pull everyone else out of the mud. wink.gif

The ride sounds like a blast.. I would have my Yamaha there myself to help pull you out... BUT... unless Ed McMan(however its spelled) stops by this evening with a lump of cash for me... I'll be having to tough it out down here getting a line wet somewhere.. guess it could be worse!