• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well, I fished on the ice for the last time this year. We started to break through the top layer and fall through down 6-7" of slush until we hit solid ice. We did great and if I had a hover craft I would try to go out this weekend. lol

Lee

Glad you finished the season strong Lee good job. Some day maybe your friends won't mind if we fish together. Honestly there's not many honey holes left but I understand. Same reason the guys on Tully yesterday don't fish Big Bay anymore. Too many pirates, catch one and you got guys drilling in on you. Will try it again next season eh?

Sorry Tim,

You know how it goes with us pirates.. lol We have to get together for some soft water fishing. Give me a call and I will tell you where you can park and where to fish for next season. I will be hitting this place this summer, i found some nice good deep weedbeds and graval flats next to them. The sunfish where some of the biggest I have seen and it has a really good young crop (8 1/2") of crappies. I must have caught 30 crappies that were that size and only 1 good 10" keeper.

Lee

Thanks Lee - I'll keep it to myself. Sounds like those crappies are like what's going on at morraine caught quite a few down there from 6 to 8.5". I heard Caz was terrible this year from a couple of guys on Tully. How was the ice down there?