• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Cat Bearcat

Timber

I'm looking at a 1996 Bearcat with 2000 miles. It has reverse, but no electric start. I would use it mainly for ice fishing and getting through some snow to my cabin. Anyone have any knowledge of this snowmobile and what the going price should be? Would it be easy to start, and do what I would like it to do?

Thanks!

Great sled, will get you through nearly any amount of snow, as they have a deep lug/long track. Clutched to pull heavy loads over a wide range of speeds. Perfect utility sled. Ride is a little rough. You didn't say which motor it had and what sort of shape it was in. Nearly indestructable sled. Should be easy to start, or you can buy an electric start kit for it. I'm guessing the price should be a bit under the 2000.00 mark. I sold my 2000 bearcat 440 last year for 2000.00

starting shouldn't be an issue depending on it's state of tune.(3 pulls at fullchoke max, at 0 degrees)

it should do all the things you stated above while dragging a broken down snowmobile at the same time, as they were developed to be a "work horse" with a larger diameter secondary clutch and much more to enable them to work hard and not stress it.

as far as price goes it kind of depends on it's condition,

my "guess" would be around $1500-$2000 for a 96 unless it's mint or loaded w/options.

be sure to check out the condition of the track.

hope this helps out.