• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rear suspention

afroman

ok the parts i needed to fix my suspention should be in this week. the front part of the rear suspention was not acting too good but when i took the shock off i thought it was broken but it turns out the top eye piece just unscrewed from the shaft.put it back toghether and it works good.

my question is should the front limiter straps be tight? mine have some slack. the suspention is still on my work bench and i was thinking they arnt doing anything if they are not tight when the shock is fully extended (there is no sled on it). is this normal? the shock seems to be functiong fine. should i drill a hole in the strap and have it tight?

thanks

If the limiter straps are tight, the suspension will not work, It will limit the travel to the distance of the strap. The limiter straps are for limiting the distance of travel, as not to over extend the limits of the shock and spring system.

the front arm limiter straps determind the amount of preload(pressure) that is applied to your ski's.

if your sled pushes the ski's in a tight corner, then measure up the straps from the top of the slide rails a equal distance and drill holes.

a good referrence point for that sled is 5-5.1/2 inches from top of slide rail bottoming pad to the bottom of the front suspention arm.

this will apply more ski pressure.

i would highly recommend using red loctite on that shock eyelet that came loose, so it's not a reoccurring issue.

hope this helps you out.