• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Briggs Back?

8-Ball

I just read in the Strib that Briggs is back and healthy. Lucia said he plans to start JJ for Fridays game, and see how that pans out before choosing for the rest of the series. My opinion: it is JJ's job to lose. Briggs had fallen off big-time before the injury even occurred. JJ stepped in and has done a solid job-and deserves the chance to continue as a reward for his recent performance. Your thoughts?... 8-Ball.

I agree with you, plus the gophs shoul be able to handle mankato, their goaltending is their downfall, but they have some guys who can score with ease. Friday night blow out by the gophs, a little closer game on Saturday(Gophers sweep!)

This is the part where I should admit that I'm an MSU alum and am extremely biased.

If I were being realistic, I would say pushing this series to three games would be a pretty big victory for the Mavericks. After all, anything can happen in a game three ... especially if Lucia tries to get cute and puts Briggs between the pipes.

But when you look at it statistically, it's tough to make a case for the Mavs, who have only defeated the Gophers twice in history and neither of those were in March.

Won't keep me from hoping though ... should be fun to watch!

I hope they play Briggs. Guy hasn't seen action in three weeks and admits his knee still hurts. Recipe for Gopher disaster, in my opinion.

MSU might not win, but it will be a competitive series.

On the 'CCO postgame, Donny-Loo would not share who he is starting between the pipes tomorrow night. I think it would be a lousy decision if he did a 180 and went w/ Briggs. Should be JJ all the way, I must say. Solid effort tonight by the boys. Lets end it tomorrow night... 8-Ball.