• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Des Moines River / Big Creek

Hey there,

I will be down in Des Moines for the week of 3/14-3/20. I am trying to determine wheather or not to bring my boat. I would be bringing my 12' Alumacraft w/ 10hp. Is there some good walleye holes I can reach on the river with my boat, or will it be on the low side? It looked pretty low when I was down there this past weekend. The panfish were not in warming up yet either on my little spot east of DMS. The weather doesn't look like it will be real warm so I am not sure if the panfish will be movin in yet on the lakes. Any suggestions? Am willing to travel within 45-60 mins. from the area.

Thanks Guys

For panfish this time of year my best luck has been shore fishing back in lost lake. I have also done ok at times in some of the warming shoreline coves along the south section of the lake. Slip bobbers and ice jigs w/waxies or slip bobbers and small live bait. You are right, it is still a bit early, but those fish will be moving into the warm calm waters during the day starting pretty soon. Dont fish panfish hardly at all, so maybe someone else can help you more than me. Sorry.

goody