• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spirit lake perch or cappies

perch bite is kind of slow or has been slow last few weeks and the crappies were biting pretty good in the mornings and late afternoon up on the north end by the grade. very light bite and have become very finnicky. Better have a noodle rod and a vexilar to find'em and feel'em.

I was out on 3-1 on Spirit and the ice was good. There is open water on the North Grade and a big spot in the middle of the lake too. I didn't get a bite from 9am-5pm. Fished on the north grade, templar, and the south end off of orleans beach. nothing doing. May give it a try tomorrow.

Quote:

...I didn't get a bite from 9am-5pm...

You're wasting your time fishing Spirit at that time. You miss the morning bite, and quit before the evening bite. Fish it from 5am till 8am, and 5pm to 7pm and you might catch a fish. The vexilar will light up like someone flipped a switch, and it'll last for a 1/2hr to an hour both times.

Other than that, Spirit is the dead sea.