• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honeoye Lake

Fished the south end area yesterday (2/4) from 3-7pm and caught a lot of fish. The action really picked up around 4. Caught over 30 gills, but most were small. Ended up keeping 12 that were 8" or better. The bonus was picking up a 21" walleye right at dusk!! Gave me a great fight!! Hey Tim, guess what lure I used to get the eye grin.gifgrin.gif

Not really too much slush on the ice. I few spots here and there had some, but for the most part it is an easy pull.

Johnny - Nice report... On that eye did you have to keep flipping the forage minnow or did he hit it on the waggle up? I know what you mean partner afer the multiple drags on Silver and even Canadarago my legs are in great shape. It's good exercise until the sweat and burning quads kick in. LOL

Tim,

I was ripping the forage minnow up and down to the bottom until it got fish into my area, then once there, I ripped it high above the walleye, and it hit on the way down, because all of a suddon my line went slack. This was the third fish that I marked at dusk, and the first two I tried to waggle it up above them, but that technique didn't work. This was in 17 FOW, just outside a huge weedbed flat. The gills were caught in 9 FOW in the weeds on that flat. Going to go there again sometime this week afterwork. Oh, by the way, I lost your gill lure you gave me when we were at Silver (forgot the name of it). A gill got me into some weeds and it broke off. After that, I used a orange and chartuese vertical lure with red spikes.

RT forage strikes again. It's funny I like the orange colored one in Delta cause the water can be a little murky and the walleyes love orange on that lake. We frecked the nice perch yesterday on the gold wolfram green bead.

CNY Tim,

How is it going? Haven't talked to you lately on the phone. I have been busy at work and at home, so I need an ice fishing break this weekend. I heard from a friend that the crappie action is starting to pick up at Honeoye, so Friday I am going there after work and staying late. Going to try for some gills first, then the eyes, then the crappie. Oh yeah, I found out that the jig that I was using for the gills at Honeoye after I lost your Coped is called a Pounder. The gills loved it--and I bought a bunch of them a few years ago before they stopped making them.

Let me know where you are doing this weekend--maybe we can get together and Frech em. blush.gifblush.gif

Hey Johnny how's that new tranny of yours eh? Ready for another 120,000 miles I hope. I don't know what's going on for the weekend I took yesterday off but it was raining good here and never made it to the lake. I'll call you about Friday at work tomorrow, sounds very interesting. How's the water at Honeoye clear or stained? I hope we don't have to walk to far still recovering from Silver, LOL.

Your buddy Trapper Dirk is getting well taken care of. Talk to ya in da morning.