• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey

I've been out on madison the last couple weeks really good walleye bite around dark, but not much for keepers. I got a lake maps from the south dakota Game fish and park dept HSOforum. Just look for a little structure on the southwest end across from johnson's point. Make sure you check the ice thickness tho. Let me know how it goes. Just let me know when he's going out i might be able to go with if wanted.

thanks

As already mentioned, the bite as been best from dusk on. The depth I would start at would be between 8 and 10 feet. Buckshot Spoons seem to be the lure of choice right now for the walleyes. Also don't drive your vehicle on the ice near the points. Ice thickness is still good, but the points are always questionable.

Is the bite still decent after dusk on Madison?? I have had the worst luck(skill?) this year ice fishing and I just want to catch a few before the ice melts. Also, is the ice still drivable?? Thanks in advance for any info. If I do go up there I will report on how I did when I get back. Would I have better odds if I hit Lake Herman instead??

Don't Feel Bad Doittoit! The way it sounds, a lot of guys are struggling (including myself).

I think the ice will still be okay, but be very carefull near the heave (off Johnson's point) and Walkers Point.

Good Luck