• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida LaKe

Fished Oneida this weekend off the Cleveland bar. Fished shallow, deep and found no fish. Heard that someone caught around 20 yellow perch in 30 ft. with a casmaster tipped with a minnow. I didn't see the fish but Sunday morning we did catch 5 yellow perch on a casmaster with a minnow in 38 ft, of waterstraight out from Apps landing.. Things were pretty slow all week except for the walleye fishing. Folks are reporting catches of the eyes in 30 to 35 ft. on big stuff tipped with a minnow. confused.gif

Fished Bernhards Bay off Willard in 30-32' caught 3 perch missed 2 first thing when I set up (10-11 am). It died in the afternoon, didn't move around due to cold and snow conditions. Used large buckeye minnows for large perch. The bottom was somewhat murky with the ice bouncing up and down slightly (had my aqua view down watching), that surprised me a little. I saw you guys down off the Cleveland bar saturday.

Jim T

JT, I hope the conditions are a little better this weekend for traveling on the lake. I'll go a lookin for the perch. I got some reports that out around 121 to 123 they are getting some perch. The guys are saying that the walleyes are biting pretty good. Lots of hammer-handles but they are getting some keepers. Jigging rapala's tipped with minnows seem to be the best.

Fishing was poor for me this weekend. Marked very few fish on Sat. Oh did I mention I NEVER had a bite all day. Sunday I did mark more fish and caught 7 big perch. Still have to use big stuff tipped with an eye or minnow. I did see some pretty good catches of walleyes. They told me the fish were caught along the bouy line in around 32 ft.

fihnfil

I see you are from Vestal do you have a place on Oneida? I'm from Maine and have a camp in Bernhards Bay on Willard point. I just got an e-mail that they got 6 inches of snow in Constantia and were expecting a foot by the end of the day. I'm skipping this weekend, but will give it a three day shot next weekend. I've been up twice this year (less than expected) for weekends and the fishing has been tough, I was up there the weekend the fog rolled in on Saturday, I just sat in one area all day and caught 6 perch and missed at least as many, mainly tip downs with large buck eye minnows. No walleyes at all yet, thats a surprise after last summers walleye bonanza.

Jm T

Fished friday and saturday off willard. Caught two good sized perch, 2 small ones and a really dinky walleye. Fished 32' deep, nobody was doing anything. The wind blew me off the ice saturday at about 2 PM.

Fishnfil - I figured out who you are (alias Oscar). I thought that was you especially when you said you like jigging! I'm hoping to get one more weekend in before ice out, just have to see how much snow happens this week.

Jim T