• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Des Moines Easter Lake

Last night I needed a quick icefishing fix so I headed over to Easter Lake after work. I had never icefished the lake so I was a little worried about my chances. I set up near the dam in 17FOW and found some very willing blugills and crappies that kept going until about an hour after dark. I visited with some others and they were also doing alright. Nothing huge but the fish seemed quite active so if you need a quick fix near DesMoines give it a try.

It's suppose to be nice again tonight and.........well that settles it I'm going again tonight smile.gif

Yeah, Easter is always a good place to go if you just want to catch some fish. Hammered them out there earlier this year.....a great place to take a kid fishing too. Not a lot of size, but you can manage a mess of fish to eat if you hit it right as there are some good crappie and gills in there...you just have to do a ton of sorting. Thanks for the report!

goody

Last night was another fun one in spite of the wind. The weather was warm and I stayed out until about 9pm. Every time the cops drove by I got the spotlight shined on me...That's a new experience for me while icefishing.