• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Much Help?

uncle grumpy

Was just wondering how helpful were your dealers after the sale? How much info, or training did they give you about the machine you were taking home, or did you just get the keys, and a thank you? Did they explain maintenance, break-in, starting procedures etc?

The Polaris Dealer in Bloomington had me watch the safety videos in the store, answered all questions any of us had. Any calls, or drop ins I make are handled with the same friendliness and attention as when I was a buyer.

My dealer (Nelson Dodge/Polaris), Fergus Falls was very good.

They showed me how to remove all the side panels to access maintenance areas, and were very complete in going over the machine. When I went to pick it up, I would bet the salesman spent a good 45 minutes going over things.

Next, he gave me a Polaris produced safety video, and then had me do some basic turns an manouvers in the parking lot. I thing some of this is required by law in Minnesota when selling a new unit. I had to sign some documents saying I had received safety training.

He told me to bring it back after I had a few hours on the clock, and they would go over it and check all break in items. They did this free of cost to me.

One year later I went in to buy a plow and frame. They sold me the whole works for MUCH less than list price. Then again, I had also bought a truck from them a couple years prior.

Hi uncle grumpy...

Welcome to the forums!!!

I have had GREAT luck with my Polaris dealer as well. Great walk-through of the machine, operation, break-in and maintenance procedures. All explained. Every question answered!! I didn't really need it, but training was provded.

After the sale... dealer support has been top notch as well!! In fact, the whole experience with my dealer has been so good, I knew right where to go for #2. I bought my second ATV from them just a few months later. Same great service, same great support!!

You can never have too many toys ya know! grin.gif

I know most guys on here, have bought a polaris, heres the thing no matter what knid of atv you buy the dealer should always go thought it with you, one polaris you have to or you don't get any warrenty with the machine, you didn't hear that from ME. hahha, besides there are so many differences to the manchine none are really alike. you could have a polaris and buy a honda next and nothing will be the same except for where the sprk plugs are. lol I think the dealer should spend as much time as you want explaining whats what about the wheeler. have a nice day and welcome to FM cool.gif