• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone been out West yet?

lawdog

Don't have any plans until March to get out to Cooke City. Some of the guys are heading out in a couple weeks. By the looks of some of the websites I watch, they are doing very well with snow this year. I'm not sure about where you are going but it seems like that place always has good snow.

Let us know what you find.

Mike

Yes I can't say we've ever not had snow, of course some years are better than others though. I've seen snow out there that we couldn't hardly handle and we ALWAYS ride the deepest powder we can find...

Lawdog:

Just got back from BigSky / Teepee area. Snow conditions are fantastic. On Saturday of last week, it snowed so hard that we had to turn a round and come down off the mountain. West Yellow Stone received over 3 feet of powder. Hope you have a good trip.

Jeff

Ive been out to Togwotee the last 4 years, it is some great riding, and looks like they have a great amount of snow now, if you dont know they have a webcam at their HSOforum :togwoteelodge.com , a person can keep their own eyes on the conditions out there. If you have never been out there be ready for some bad roads on the way there and back and be ready to get stuck in the snow while you are there, cuz they usually have more then you need. other then that...have a great time and let us know how the trip went. hopefully i will be headed out there again in march..

I do check the webcam and also have the backcountry avalanche forecast delivered daily in my email. I've also been out there for probably 6 or 7 years, I was just hoping someone had been there and knew the deep powder conditions from having just ridden. I'm sure we'll find snow, we always do, but was just curious.

I'll let you know what its like when I get back...

Don't think I'll be giving you any reports from out west. My best buddy and I arrange this trip every year and pretty much guide our own group while we are there. Yesterday he found out his 3 year old daughter has leukemia and she's starting Chemo-therapy today at Mayo. Snowmobiling doesn't much seem to matter much anymore when something like this happens.

Her name is Lexi and I'd sure appreciate it if you keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,

Jeff

My thoughts are with you and your friend. I know how he feels all to clearly. My brother was just diagnosed with leukiemia about a year ago. Tell them to keep their spirits up. They have made huge advances in controlling the disease and it seems to work well on the younger ones.

My brother is living proof....he and I were snowmobiling last weekend and his prognosis is good right now.

On a lighter note, I have gone out west several times and was debating going this February with my usual group, until last weekend. The riding in northern Minnesota is sooooo nice right now I think I'm gonna skip this year.