• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow-fishing boat deck?

I was wondering if anyone here knows if it's illegal to have a boat deck on your boat for bow fishing so it makes you higher up to see better in the water and get a better shot...I already have one made and dont want to get out there may 1 and have problems with the law? confused.gif

I have had one on my carp boat for years. The only way it may be up for debate would be if for safety reasons ( deck is to high above the boat) If you don't go crazy (seems some one always thinks if two feet is good, 15 is better)there should be no problem.

WS

we never had any problems with our pontoon when we had it. had some big platforms and no one ever said anything. our platforms were about 4 feet high. where do you shoot. i like staying around perham area. had some fun shoots!!

Pooh

no, not illegal. Very fun, we had a 2.5foot deck on my little 12footer, what a blast! I wish MN would open up night bowfishing, tried it for the first time in WI last year, it beats day shooting by far!

if u get a chance to cross the border do it!

-good luck

jn