• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Comon' ladies! Let's chat about Ice Fish'n!!

I am so excited, I'm hittin' the ice for the 1st time this winter tomorrow on 'tonka.

Try to pull in a few crappies/ sunnies... for the freezer, ya know.

I'll be out in the frabil speed shak with by other buddies in their canvas. we usually setup alongside so we can talk!

Anybody else out there catchin' panfish on tonka?

also, any Walleye areas I could try?-never have caught a winter walleye,,,, that WOULD be fun...

well, have a great ice fish'n experience soon...

fish'ngurl

Howda ya do?, I have been out the last three weekends in wright county and come home with at least 1 every weekend. Next weekend is the last for northern going out then also. bring the weber and camper, some brew, and hope to get lots of flags. after that start thinking about the crappies.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been really ready the ice fishing, and started on the fly fishing, looking forward to get into some fly fishing this spring. I am From Wright county, so not sure if there is much fly fishing in that area. I bought 1977 13'scamp travel trailer and using that for ice fishing, plus i have a 4x6 portable so looking forward to some crappies now that northerns are just about done. Thanks again for the welcome.

Lynn,

Welcome! I used to live in Wright Co. (Buffalo) and the Upper Mississippi is great for fly-fishing. The stretches near Monticello are very wadeable and will readily give up smallmouth and rockbass on a fly. I made a great river streamer for my long spinning rod out of a heavy aberdeen hook and a 6" strip of black rabbit fur (imitation leech). It claimed a couple of decent smallies before a dogfish mutilated it. shocked.gif

There are two parks right in Monticello, and another north on hwy 75 going out of town.

Thanks Aquaman01, I will have to give that a try this spring. What are the limits for the Mississippi? are they shut down now except for crappies and sunnies or are they open year round like LOW? I need to get a book and start reading. Thanks for the great info.Lynn