• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS for lakemaps

Ryan Berger

I just purchased the lakemaps software, promaps software and the big map software for Ottertail. I now need to know which GPS unit to purchase to make the most of using this. I have a month or so to make my decision, as I am currently in Iraq. Along with which one to get, where to get the best price-warrenty is also needed information. Also helpfull would be any tips for using the software, and the GPS.

Any and all help is appreciated,, as I need all the help I can get. I will be taking a few months off to go fishing when I return to the states and want to make the most of it..

thanks,, Ryan

Hi Ryan:

I just purchased a GPS at the ice fishing show last weekend. I did hours and hours of research before making my purchase. I went with the Lowrance Ifinder pro. It has mapping capabilities, although I'm not sure about the software you have purchased. I'd guess it did, but I'd have to read further into my manual to find out. There is alot of information out there, and the help you will get on this site will be invaluable.

On another note, when you are ready to fish, look me up. I'm also in the hutch area, and happen to be ryan also!!! good luck!! what are you doing overseas?? military, work, pleasure???

look me up. [email protected]

Good choice, you will be happy with it, as far as what else you need Lakemaster is kicking in gear on mapping so more and more lakes are added all the time. I would first buy the Lowrance/lakemaster Utility if you have not allready done so. It allows you to translate Lowrance GPS files to Lakemaster and also back the otherway, the utility is available from Lakemaster for 15.00. Also your unit allows Premium and gold MMC chips . SO the Navionics Hotmaps Premium region 10 chip is loaded with many 1-3 foot Reelbottom and Promap/FHS/Lakemaster lakes, Ottertail being one of them. Shop around for the best price.