• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your fishing year

shakeyabass

How does your year of fishing break down?

Like leading up to openers, how do you prepare? When do you start preparing? Do you typically get all geared up in advance, before openers? Or do you kind of improvise after the opener and during the season?

What do you do off season to satisfy that fishing itch?

put the summer stuff away and getting the winter ready, usually respooling and tying up some stuff, mixing gas for the auger and gettting the otter sled down. not really a ritual but tons of fun just dinking around with your fishing stuff. really gets you goin for the ice to come.

For the year 2004, I did not have the opportunities to fish as often as I would have liked to. But things will be different next year.

We only went on one camping / fishing vacation, but it was satisfying.

No record fish, Only memories of Great Weather, No Mosquitoes, Sunsets and Campfires.

I can hardly wait till the 2005 season.

jbjr

Hmmmm, 2004.... All in all a great year in the life of Deitz. It will forever be known as the year I was accepted as a FishingMinnesota.Com prostaffer. That was enough to make my year.

I also won more money in tounaments this year than I payed in entry fees. That will make 5 years in a row. I also caught a bass over 6 lbs. SO again.. all in all.. a great fishing season! Looking forward to 05!

After wrapping it up in November I take a little break for Hunting then Ice fishing. Once Feb. rolls around it's time to get the boat out again for river eyes in MN, SD, and IL. Only 2 months till open water if things go right I can't wait.

Jason Erlandson