• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Friday grouse?

setterguy i love partridge hunting, but i love deer hunting more. the nature of my reply has to do with your dog(s)which i a assume is / are setters. i have a new chesapeake male four months now. this not my first,but i will be retireing my shorthair i believe this next season though she physicaly worked great for a three day pheasant hunt, mentaly she is getting to independant. my biggest problem with the shorthair is their long leggedness, and that isn't so much a problem except for working with slower dogs.

i am looking for another dog to compliment my retriever. how is the setter to work with. mellow, high strung? fast, or slow working? would they make a good match when working together? your thoughts?

thanks, seasonaly renamed, jinglestick

Quote:

Wondering if anyone is interested in grouse hunting on Friday December 3rd. Thinking about heading up to the McGreogor area.

I just read this. I would be interested. I don't know how we can communicate real fast. I won't be back on the computer till next tuesday. I would be willing to give you my phone no. but don't want to advertise it on the forum for all to see. I live in brooklyn park but I am from cloquet and I have some very good spots to hunt. Mcgregor is not far from my area. Dave on this web site has my personal email address but like I say, I probably won't be on a computer on thursday. if you get this quick. Maybe we could figure out how to contact each other. I have grouse hunted a million times in my life. northman(chet).

Ahh what the heck setter guy.

my phone is xxxxxxxxxx if you still are looking for a hunting partner. I assume you are planning on splitting the gas cost. call thursday -northman(chet)

ps: did not hear from you so deleted my phone no. in here.