• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish House Heat

Gemstone

Question

4 answers to this question

A wood stove is probably your cheapest route to go especially if you have access to free wood. The drawback of course is having to bring wood and/or the stove with you each time if you don't leave it in your house. If you go with propane like a Mr. Heater make sure you have adequate ventaltion. Every year it seems like someone gets asphyxiated due to poor ventalation. Those are the cheapest way to go.

Yukon Don

Mr Heater makes a 'Buddy Heater' and a 'Big Buddy Heater'. Both of them are designed to be used indoors and have a low oxygen shut off switch. I use a 'buddy' in my 5x6 Clam but it doesn't do the job when it gets near 0 or below. I'm going to buy the 'big buddy' this year and see how that works. Prior, when it got real cold, I'd have to use one of my sunspot heaters. cool.gif

A buddy suggested that I use a heater out of an old camper. Just find a Coleman and you can still get the parts. Or so I have been told. You can also find one that vents outside. Found some at the local salvage yard for $15 bucks. I am thinking of trying this. Anyone done this and is it worth the time?