• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Elk Lake

Neiko

Has anyone ice fished Elk Lake by Zimmerman? How is the walleye/northern fishing? According to the DNR net report it looks good. I am new to the Monticello area and thought this may be a good lake to put my permanent. Where is a good spot for early walleyes? Is there any springs I would have to worry about. Appreciate any info that is provided.

Jigginjerk, Thanks for the info. Are they alright to eat? I am hopefully going to go out there this Friday or the Sunday after the next one. When do you think it will be safe for a 4 wheeler?

I went by there last week and it was wide open so I don't think I would take a 2-wheeler out just yet.But as far as eating I have eaten alot of fish from there in the last few years and haven't grown any extra appendiches.I think it's green comes from the plentyfull weed growth from fertilizer that runs into the lake.If it cools down enough this week might see you there. good fishing!!!

Looking at the weather for the week I don't think I will be out there for awhile. frown.gif If you see a dark green Polaris Explorer with a green Eskimo Pro house stop by and say hi!

Haven't had a chance to get over to check it out this week. Went by there last week and it was froze over but looked bad.Last couple of nights may have changed that though. Will try to get over there in the next day or to and check the ice thickness. will keep you posted!