• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flasher,Graph and GPS Mapping Electronics

TackleBoxMike

Question

I'm very interested in a getting some kind of electronics. A Buddy has the Lowrance X67c Ice Machine. I've seen it work on LOW, It worked good at showing supended walleye's on the flasher mode, and It also showed the lure on the screen. Now the other interesting thing is it has a graph mode so a guy could use it out of a boat but it sounds like I'd have to pick up a transducer for the summer to use it out of a boat.

Now It seems like theres a newer model the X68c that has GPS Mapping also in the unit.

The added mapping is pretty cool but the map shows no contour lines on the lake map is there GPS units that show a lake with contour lines? and what do you guys thing of the lowrance unit? What GPS unit should I take a looks at?

I'm still thinking of possibly getting a Vexlar FL-18 or a Marcom LX-3 unit. I'm trying to learn what I can before I go to the Ice Fishing Show. I'll be checking all the electronics out. If you guys have information to help me make my decision that would be great? Please let me know how the diffrent electronics work for you guys?

Fishing Electronics Crash Course.

Thank you

TackleBoxMike

1 answer to this question

Mike check with navionics. They make all of the best mapping chips. Check with them to see which units are compatible with their mapping chips. The lakemaster software MMCs are the best. I'm not positive but you may be able to insert a lakemaster/navionics chip into the x67 or x68. Be sure to check to make sure.

Jason Erlandson