• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Salmo, Chubby Darter.

Dakota Iceman

I tip them with a minnow head or just smear a squished minnow on the lure for scent. If you use too large a piece it will reduce the action of the Chubby, so keep it smale. If they are agresive I do not use anything but a minnow smear.

For perch and deep walleye I also use larva on the bottom or rear treble, or on a single drop link. Sumo perch really like the larva drop link rigs.

The Chubby Darter is a great bait for the right situation and with the new colors, I think they'll work even better. I really like them in deep water to "call in" the fish. Price for the Darters varies from store to store. I've seen them as high as $7, but thats too expensive. In my store, I have them for right around $5.50. I wouldn't pay over $6.00 for one.

Hey wxman, I found mine over at cabelas, they are on the shelf there for 5.99 each. funny thing was...right below them was (evidently) last years models(I cant tell the difference/ or if there is a diffrence...they looked identical) and those were 4.99 each so i bought last years model and saved a buck confused.gif

Ed, thanks a lot for the color recommendations - now I'm sure I'm gonna spend more on ice tackle this year that I want or should! Ya could uv mentioned one or two colors, but NO, now I'm gonna be broke buying every durn color the Chubbys come in!

The CD-4 is 1 3/4 weight 3/16 oz.

The CD-5 is 2 1/8 weight 3/8 oz.

The CD-6 is 2 3/4 weight 5/8 oz.

The GC-14 is 5 1/2 weight 3.3/8 oz. (The Giant)

Prices range from $5 up to $8. Some retailers had some holdover stock in limited colors that were discounted. On average you can expect them to run about $7. The Giants can run up to $25.