• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar Question

poorbiker

I've bought three reconditioned Vexilars over the years(FL8, FL8SLT, and FL18) from the Vex Service Center. All are still working well, although I did wear the motor out on the FL8 and had to have it rebuilt. I agree with Ed that I'd never hesitate to buy a reconditioned unit again. Two of my sons bought the older two, or they will have if they ever pay for them. tongue.gif I now use the 18 with the dual transducer, and I can't see how I'll ever need another unit. It pretty well does everything that I want a flasher for. What really sells me on the Vex is their service dept. I've taken in Vexilars that some kinfolk have done horrible things to (stored under snow, blown out of the back of a truck) and the service guys often fix them while I waited, so no second trip. My wife has cats that like to chew up the foam transducer floats. They gave me three free ones. No questions about paperwork or warranties. When I bought my last unit from them they threw in a free hat. Good people to deal with. I also happen to know that they never turn down a gift of chocolate donuts...