• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pheasant

Anyone been out recently? I was out today, and only managed one young rooster, could barley make out the coler just in time to shoot, dog flushed a very nice rooster too far ahead of me, but I blame it on myself for not paying attention and keeping her in closer, also chased up quite a few very nice hens throughout the day, so its nice to see them, there were others that resembledyoung roosters but too hard to tell.

Some were getting up quite aways ahead of us, and some you dang near could of stepped on. Hoping to get ahold of this guy that lives by thew WPA I was hunting, as alot of the birds were flying into his land. Lots of corn down now I see, but still alot sitting yet too, but looks like their worken there arses off.

Leraned my lesson this morning after deciding I really didn't need any of those fancy upland hunten pants with the water proof brush guard stuff on them. My pants were soaked after walking about 100 yeards and remained that way most of the day, heh, heh! I figured the day was about done when my dog started hunten for deer dump. shocked.gif

Dano- I live in MHD and would be interested in getting together and hunting birds sometime. I have two labs and time off during the week for the rest of Nov and the first two weeks in Dec. Let me know if you would like to do a little hunting (it's always nice to split the cost of gas...)

Mike Martin

[email protected]

Was out Wed, Thur, and Fri last week, just got up a few hens, kind of discouraging. One spot was prime, the last corn had just gone out by a Wildlife area, got up only one hen. Kind of discouraging. Did get a nice rooster on Sunday though. I would say the pheasants are down in the Willmar/Brooten area.

I ahve been seeing quite a few roosters lately and many of them have been close enough to shoot, but with my poor shooting skills i have only maaged to kill three nice roosters in the last coulple of days. Still fun shooting at them though!!!!