• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dead Bait

Lost

I just watched an In-Fisherman video where they were in Canada fishin' for pike in the early ice-out period. Obviously they had to leave Minnesota to fish at that time of the year. Anyway, they were using nothing but dead bait. They said that dead bait works great up until the temps hit about 50 degrees. I wonder if anybody has tried this and if it would also hold true before the ice forms?

Hey Lost,

Dead bait is a stone killer for pike during the hard water season. Many of the largest fish in a lake will swim just under the ice, looking for an easy meal. When I'm pike fishing with tip-ups in the winter, I'll set one line about a foot below the bottom of the ice. You may be suprised at the

amount of action you get on that presentation. smile.gif