• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blaze orange requirements

jblabsnduck

This was taken right off the DNR site

A person may not take small game other than turkey, migratory birds, raccoons, and predators, except when hunting with nontoxic shot or while trapping, unless a visible portion of at least one article of the person's clothing above the waist is blaze orange.

Additionally, a person may not hunt or trap during the open season where deer may be taken by firearms under applicable laws and ordinances, unless the visible portion of the person's cap and outer clothing above the waist, excluding sleeves and gloves, is blaze orange. Blaze orange includes a camouflage pattern of at least 50 percent blaze orange within each square foot. This restriction does not apply to migratory waterfowl hunters on waters or in a stationary shooting location, or to trappers on waters.

My question is about the last part of this. This restriction does not apply to waterfowl hunters OR in a STATIONARY SHOOTING LOCATION, or to trappers on waters.

I read that as if I was in a stand (stationary location) I could shed my orange??????I don't. But I am reading that wrong? Or is it stating this just for waterfowl hunters and trappers?

Just wondering