• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Posting ?

psegriz

Question

Just wondering if someone could help me. To use part of someones post in a quote how do you get it to just use part of their post. When I click on quote the whole thing shows up and I've had to backspace over the rest.

4 answers to this question

You said:

Quote:

When I click on quote the whole thing shows up and I've had to backspace over the rest.

Not sure what you mean here. When I clicked on quote, it put the beginning and ending quote codes in, with a blank space in between. I then went to your post at the bottom of the page, and just copied as much as I wanted to quote you, and pasted it in between the quote codes.

Quote:

You said:
Quote:

When I click on quote the whole thing shows up and I've had to backspace over the rest.

Not sure what you mean here. When I clicked on quote, it put the beginning and ending quote codes in, with a blank space in between. I then went to your post at the bottom of the page, and just copied as much as I wanted to quote you, and pasted it in between the quote codes.

I then went to your at the bottom of the page, and just copied as much as I wanted to quote you, and pasted it in between the quote codes.
Quote:

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but it don't seem to be working.

To use part of someones post in a quote how do you get it to just use part of their post.

"left" click at start of quote to copy and drag the blue to the end of quote.. "right click'" choose COPY

"left click" in the window of your message and then "right click".. choose PASTE and your quote should be inserted smile.gif