• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Medora area Mule Deer.

I'm getting pumped for my upcoming archery mule deer trip. Has anyone been out chasing mulies with their bows? We're leaving northern MN on 11-19-04 and will be hunting 11-20-04 to 11-26-04. The ranch we're hunting borders the Teddy Roosevelt Nat'l Park. I've never seen mule deer, pronghorn antelope, elk, or buffalo. I'm hoping to see all the above. It's our first time hunting mule deer, any tips for us?

Brian

We got back this afternoon around 1:00 pm. We left Medora last night around 5:30 and hit that horrible snowstorm. It took us over an hour to get to Dickinson! Our trip was a blast and we went 2 for 4, so we can't complain. One of the bucks was a muley 2x2 and the other was a muley 4x4, about a 25" spread. I almost had a shot at a 25-27" 4x4, but there was a little rise between us and I could only see his antlers and the top of his butt, so close yet so far! We saw about 30-50 muley's a day and 3-5 good muley bucks every day. The south unit of the Teddy Roosevelt park was awesome!!! I'm definitely getting the family out there next summer for a vacation.

Brian

There was public land in that area, but we had 4,000 acres + to hunt for 4 guys so we didn't stray from that. You'd have to get a map of the area that shows public land. The ranch we hunted was bordered on the south by the Teddy Roosevelt Nat'l park-south unit. It sounded like the public land gets hunted pretty hard, at least during rifle season.

Brian