• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black spot on togune

mudman

My lab also has a black spot on her tongue. When I took her to the vet for one of her check-ups I asked the vet and she said it was just pigment and not to worry about it. I am not sure if this helps or not.

I know, I need to find a vet that I can trust......

The one I was at I have no trust, I think they try and empty my wallet everytime I walk in its 150 bucks darn near!

the last straw was when I went in to get more heart worm pills and they said "here have him take this now" so I gave it to him 5 min later the vet says " I just noticed that we gave hime one 2 weeks ago, just give him another in 2 more weeks then he will be back on schedule, I don't have a lot of money to spend on the pooch, wish like Hell I did but...

so now I have no trust in the one around here..

Prior to that they said he had worms when he was 10 weeks old and to give him this medication. well I called all the other pup owners (9) of them and not one other vet had said any of the 9 other pups had worms, so thats what started it.

Mudman, I'd say at least 1/3rd of labs have a black spot on their tongue. The old wives tale was you wanted a lab with a black spot on their tongue as they were the best hunters. It is VERY common. I'd say save your money, I'd bet it is just a pigment spot.

Good Luck!

Ken

Hay Mudman I take my dogs to Inver Hills Vet Hospital , in Inver Grove Heights. They really helped me when my boxer got cancer. So if your looking for a new vet give them a call. With the wife being an ex-vet tech, she's very picky on who the dogs go to. We still drive up to Lindstrum to go to the vet she worked for. But if we can't get in with him we go to Inver Hills.

I go to Companion Animal Hospital in Eagan. I recommend them. It's right next to the Walmart. Good folks there. I had to put my older GSP Sammy down on Monday 8^( and they were really, really nice through the whole process. All the folks there just loved Sammy and felt just as bad as we did.

Hey sorry to hear that GPS. I know you really love your pups and its tough to see one of them go.

I was going to the one off of Rahn down by cedarvale and it didn't feel right.

I will look into that one for SURE! since its nice and close.

Thanks

I'll put in a good word for Companion as well. If you go there tell them "Bailey" and "Samwise Gamgee" sent you. I'm pretty sure my dogs have pretty much paid off their mortgage on that new building they have.

Medicine and blood tests to control siezures: $500 per year

Surgery to repair torn ACL: $2300

Surgery to remove corn cob from intestines: $1500

Getting mauled by tail-wagging dogs every day after work: priceless.

Nick