• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow draw to long..

SCUMFROG

Were can I take a bow to get it adjusted right. Gander Mountain said they couldn't fix it. It's my brother-in-law's bow he bought it form his nephew that is taller and has a longer draw then he does. I've heard of the bow doctor (I think that's what it's called.) before were is this place?

Yes the bow doc is in WBL.. however, some bows can only be adjusted so far. I am interested in why Gander couldn't do it... I know the one in Forest Lake has a press and work on bows all the time. But like I said.. It is possible that this bow can not be adjusted to the new owner. Most bows only have about 2-3 inches of ajustment.

It depends on the bow, some can be adjusted by changing draw modules on the cams. Don't be surprised that Gander Mountain can't do it. Many large sporting goods stores do not have "bow savvy" people behind the counter. Go to a bow Pro shop like Compound Doctor, Schaffer ARchery (cliff road off Hwy 35W south) or the like.

It would help to know what bow it is.. I know most of the bow techs at Gander in Forest Lake and consider them some of the best. And would allow them to work on any of my 7 bows...and they have. If they said that it couldnt be adjusted to the new draw length I believe them.. Martin bows can have new cams and mods bought for them to adjust them mre, but many bows cant be. Or they could be the end cost would be more than the bow may be worth. As new cams, limbs, strings and cabes would be needed.

I dont think pse bows are more than 3" adjustable. I would bring it to a second bow shop for a 2nd opinion. But my guess is that the bow will not fit the new owner unless they are similar in arm length and height.

You can shoot a bow that doesnt fit you.. but you can not shoot a bow well that doesnt fit you!

best of luck to your friend and his new bow...

If your looking for a bow. Take it to a bow shop and ask them if it fits you. If it fits you it may not be a bas $100 investment?.. But I wouldnt buy it if I didn't know if it fit me.

another option would be for your brotherin law to sell it somewhere on consignment?

i am 6'6" you can give it to me!! i know my pse i had only had 3 inches of adjustment so that may be the case here... if it is tell him to sell it or grow a little... maybe hang from the monkey bars at the park for a hour a day too stretch his arms cool.gif